I said I would post some pics when I finished the cabinet for the amp I built from your kit. Here is a link to my facebook album. I hope it works.
PS I'm eagerly awaiting the results of your telecaster build.
It looks great! How does it
It looks great! How does it sound?
That is a KILLER paint job on the guitar by the way! As for the telecaster build I bought some wood but it was the wrong thickness. I've been working on the Plankocaster instead (check my blog post for more details) while I try to figure out how to proceed on the full tele. I'm still chipping away at the wood with the chisel, although I haven't touched it in a couple weeks because of the holidays and some other commitments.
I think it sounds great. I
I think it sounds great. I tried it before I built the cabinet, and it sounded pretty good on the speaker I had, but it sounds much better in its own, solid cabinet.
Thanks for the compliment on the Tele. The paint job is actually red Transtint dye. You can see the wood grain through the dye which gives it that effect. Then it's sprayed with lacquer. It was just an experiment. I bought red paint to do the job, but decided to try the dye first thinking I would just paint over it if it didn't look right.
I'm watching for the Plankocaster. I'm interested to see what the final vision looks like. I'm impressed that you are hacking away at it with a chisel. Although, I sometimes find it's very pleasant to do a set of dovetails by hand, so I guess I get it.
Not planning on putting a
Not planning on putting a finish on the plankocaster. I put an update on the blog though if you want to check it out.